Mersenne Digest       Tuesday, November 14 2000       Volume 01 : Number 792

Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 13:57:05 -0800
From: Matthew Ashton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Mersenne: Script to run mprime as a system daemon.

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000 at 12:08:25PM +0000, Gareth Randall wrote:

> I have been running mprime on Linux for some time and have
> recently written a script to make it run as a daemon on startup.
> mprime automatically nice's itself, which is very neat and makes
> it ideal for running this way.
>
> On my Debian 2.2 system:

<snip>

Hi Gareth,

I would just like to point out that mprime has been available as
part of Debian based Linux distributions for quite a while.

        apt-get install prime-net

Version 19.1 is in Debian 2.2 (potato) and version 20.6 is available
for woody. It is probably worth mentioning that it is part of Debian
on www.mersenne.org (as prime-net). The Debian woody package can be
found here:

http://ftp.debian.org/dists/woody/non-free/binary-i386/misc/prime-net_20.6.2-2.deb

Thanks go to Francois Gouget <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for putting this in
Debian. Go Debian! :-)

- ---
Matthew Ashton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>