Hello all!

Happy to announce that the meteorite that fell on 26 May 2017 (11:30
am local time UTC-3) in rural zone of Palmas de Monte Alto City was
approved and now is an official meteorite. The writeup history and
analisys will be updated soon in MetBul Database.
Anyway I would like to explain the reason for the "Tres Irmaoes" name.
There already exists another iron meteorite found in same city which
name is Pamas de Monte Alto. The committee prefer not to change
existing names (or name conflicts) so we suggested the "Tres Irmaos"
alternative. This is the name of a very known and famous geological
feature (14°10'33.54""S, 43°4'59.93""W) about 4 miles from the fall
site formed by three large bolders (check picture). This meteorite of
about only 900g was purchased by a consortium formed by city hall,
National Museum, Bahia Federal University and me. Most material
belongs to the city hall. I wll have a small piece and will selll few
grams to recover the trip expenses. Also have few fragmens and slices
of the new Brazilian eucrite available. Email for pics and details.

Metbul Entry: https://www.lpi.usra.edu/meteor/metbull.php?code=6577

A picture of the Tres Irmaos bolders can bee seen here:
http://bolcidades.nafoto.net/photo20070917142513.html

Cheers

Andre