I conclude that, so far, after the Beyer's N° 1, you have the number 2 (1009 g). Congratulations! I for one could well have the Rizalite N° 4 (967 g) because the large sphere (986 g), presumably the "number 3", will still be available for sale in Ensisheim (the consigner had an offer in 2006, then he put it "on hold" but the potential buyer never came back as promised...).

Anxious to know more on Vietnamites...

Zelimir

A 10:19 24/05/2007 +0200, Dieter Heinlein a écrit :
Hi Zelimir,

- How heavy is the biggest Rizalite known on earth ?
You may be right, that the 1069 g Rizalite specimen, mentioned by H.O. Beyer ist the heaviest Philippine Tektite. But there is one Rizalite in my collection, that is even larger: It is a 1009 gram splash form Tektite from Paracale with a large bubble inside. It's density is only 2.004 (common, compact tektites have densities around 2.43) and it has the size (volume) of a Rizalite, weighing around 1223 grams.
See you in Ensisheim

Dieter

----- Original Message ----- From: "Zelimir Gabelica" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Aubrey Whymark" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; "meteorite list" <meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com>; "norm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 8:49 AM
Subject: [meteorite-list] the biggest tektite ?

Hi Aubrey, Norm, List

In Ensisheim (in 3 weeks from now), there will be again a substantial
selection of tektites (mostly Rizalites, Cambodianites, some "Vietnamites")
for sale (on consignment, in the consignment room) at interesting prices.
As in 2006, some Rizalite "monsters" (over 450 g) are anounced.

My 2 specific questions are more general:

- How heavy is the biggest tektite (Muong Nong not counted) known on earth ?
- How heavy is the biggest Vietnamite known on earth ?
- How heavy is the biggest Rizalite known on earth ?

For Rizalite, my best reference is the 1069 g specimen as mentioned by H.
O. Beyer ("Philippine tektites").
I could not find any "spectacular" data (i.e. over, say, 250-300 g) for
vietnamites...

Thanks and best wsihes,

Zelimir

P.S. Aubrey, very nice site! Congratulations! And these London
microtektites are really intriguing !

Prof. Zelimir Gabelica
Université de Haute Alsace
ENSCMu, Lab. GSEC,