Hi!

Hoping this mailing list also allows giving some unrequested tips:

For MacOS X developers there exists a CORBA/IIOP implementation for the Objective C language called "AdORB" <http://adorb.sourceforge.net/ >. The installer comes with a small but powerful so called "IDLBrowser". 1. It maintains an IDL repository, which could be enhanced by your own IDL-files. This repository is only used for browsing reasons and to enable the 3. feature below. It doesn't seem to serve as an interface repository like MICOs ird(8).
2. The Browser also lets you browse any CORBA NameService.
3. But its most powerful feature does allow you to send any request to any CORBA object accessible via IOR or CORBA URL (from text file or browsed values). So you may ask a factory for new object instances and then in turn may perform any operations on this objects.

As long as I could try I didn't detect any interoperability problems between MICO and AdORB.

Thomas

--
Thomas Schmidt
Schneiderstr. 16