Jaakko Kangasharju wrote:
> Michael Haubenwallner <ha...@gentoo.org> writes:
>
>> in mico-2.3.13, with '--enable-wireless', gcc-4.1.2 spits:
>>
>>         $ make
>>         make[2]: Entering directory
>> `/var/tmp/portage/net-misc/mico-2.3.13/work/mico/coss/wireless'
>>         i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++  -I. -I../../include -O2  -Wall
>> -Wwrite-strings -march=pentium4 -pipe -fno-strict-aliasing     -c hla.cc -o
>> hla.o
>>         hla.cc: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
>>         hla.cc:437: error: cannot allocate an object of abstract type
>> 'HomeLocationService'
>>         hla.cc:47: note:   because the following virtual functions are pure
>> within 'HomeLocationService':
>>         ../../include/mico/orb_mico.h:620: note:        virtual
>> CORBA::Boolean CORBA::ObjectAdapter::validate_connection(CORBA::Object*,
>> CORBA::PolicyList_out)
>>         ../../include/mico/orb_mico.h:622: note:        virtual void
>> CORBA::ObjectAdapter::timedout_invoke(CORBA::ORBInvokeRec*)
>>         make[2]: *** [hla.o] Error 1
>>
>> Any idea what happens here?
>
> The wireless parts haven't been kept up-to-date with the rest of MICO,
> since I haven't worked on CORBA for ages. I think the last time I
> touched MICO was in 2004 or something. It seems that the ObjectAdapter
> class acquired some new virtual functions between the time anyone used
> the wireless parts and now. The same seems to be the case with the
> Bluetooth problem that you also had.
>
> It doesn't seem like it would be too much work to update these parts,
> or at least to write the implementations of the virtual functions so
> that they compile. I'm pretty sure I still remember enough of MICO to
> be able to do it, unless someone else wants to begin maintaining the
> wireless parts.

Jaakko,

indeed! validate_connection is function required by CORBA 2.4
Object::_validate_connection operation implementation which was added in
MICO 2.3.13 and timedout_invoke is function required by MICO 2.3.13
addition of possibility to have timedout invocations.

Unfortunately I'm completely w/o a power to fix those issues now myself,
so if you do have any free time or any other member, please send me the
patch and I'm happy to review/merge it.

Thanks!
Karel
--