In 1971 they had an IBM 360 in the basement of Evans.  The current lab on
the south side was full of key punch machines, duplicators etc.  You'd turn
in your card deck and come back 4 hours later to see if your program
compiled - only to find out you left a period off some line of code.  Punch
a replacement card and resubmit....

When I came back in 81 to 83, the business school had its own DEC in the
basement of Barrows. It was a miracle - you could do your work from one of
those blue ascii terminals and get instant results.  There were a few other
stand-alone labs scattered around campus that you could go to to type in
and print your papers.  If they were full, you used a typewriter.

Bruce

--

Bruce Lorenzen, RCDD
Manager, Design & Project Management