The security update you're seeing is for Safari.  I believe there were two
security vulnerabilities that were identified that led ISP to the decision
to remove OS 10.9 and earlier from support and I have yet to find anything
saying they have been patched yet:
CVE-2015-5600
CVE-2015-1130

---
Keenan Parmelee
Technical Services Manager
Student Affairs Information Technologies
http://rescomp.berkeley.edu