Dear MiKTeX users!

I wanted to install MiKTeX onto my computer.
At the very end of the installation process I received
the following error message:

/The operation can not be completed for the//
//following reason://
//The executed process did not succeeded.//
//Details: fileName="C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX//
//2.9\miktex\bin\initexmf.exe", exit code="1"//
/
I downloaded the full MiKTeX32 I tried
to install it from a directory on drive e.
I ran the program

setup-2.9.6942.exe

from the directory c.  Both the basic installation
and the full installation resulted in the above error
message.  Needless to say that the directory

C:\Program Files (x86)\MiKTeX 2.9

was emptied between the two attempts for installing
MiKTeX.

Then I downloaded

setup-2.9.6942-x64.exe

onto the root directory of c and I repeated the above
procedure. I received basically the same error message:

/The operation can not be completed for the//
//following reason://
//The executed process did not succeeded.//
//Details: fileName="C:\Program Files\MiKTeX//
//2.9\miktex\bin\initexmf.exe", exit code="1"//
/

That said I tend to believe that there are some bugs in
the programs

setup-2.9.6942.exe and setup-2.9.6942-x64.exe

It might be important to remark that the
operation system is Windows 10 64 bit with the last update
installed.  I had administrator privileges throughout the
installations. Any help is highly appreciated.

Sincerely yours
G. Szeidl

--
György SZEIDL, DSc