Jan Palus dixit:

>Just run git tests against HEAD and am happy to report they all passed
>successfully, however I'm not really sure why :). During test execution

Hm, that’s good.

>I came up with this simplest yet complete reproducer:
>
>OUT=$( ((cat /dev/zero; echo $? 1>&3) | :) 3>&1 ) && echo "$OUT"

This just hangs R52, and in HEAD, it’s… complicated:

tglase@tglase:~/b $ OUT=$( ((builtin cat /dev/zero; echo $? 1>&3) | :)
3>&1 ) && echo "$OUT"

tglase@tglase:~/b $ OUT=$( ((/bin/cat /dev/zero; echo $? 1>&3) | :) 3>&1 ) &&
echo "$OUT"
141
tglase@tglase:~/b $ OUT=$( ((./mksh -c 'cat /dev/zero'; echo $? 1>&3) | :) 3>&1
) && echo "$OUT"
141

I’ve got a hunch (signal handling in the built-in cat, yes mksh
does come with one of those) and will look at that later.

Thanks for helping to test!

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Stéphane, I actually don’t block Googlemail, they’re just too utterly
stupid to successfully deliver to me (or anyone else using Greylisting

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of mksh

Title:
  Tests in git-2.7.0 fail with mksh R52

Status in mksh:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  Newly released git version 2.7.0 fails to pass tests with most recent
  release of mksh -- test t0005-signals.sh fails on case 4 and 5:

  4: OUT=$( ((large_git; echo $? 1>&3) | :) 3>&1 ) && test "$OUT" -eq 141
  5: OUT=$( ((trap "" PIPE; large_git; echo $? 1>&3) | :) 3>&1 ) && test "$OUT"
-eq 141

  Note that everything works perfectly fine with R51 and ie bash.