Martijn Dekker dixit:

>Thorsten Glaser schreef op 26-02-16 om 21:57:
>> In the end, I decided I don’t like the code and rewrote it entirely,
>> separating options processing, simplifying, etc. but thanks anyway!
>
>Yes, that code looks much cleaner. No more opaque mixing of two
>different command's option logic.

Indeed. echo/print still does it, but (after my cleanup) is
at least legible.

>I also submitted a patch to OpenBSD ksh for this and in the process I
>wrote a couple of more robust regression tests, one to make sure
>'command' behaves correctly and the other to check 'whence' behaviour
>hasn't changed. Here they are as a patch against mksh, latest cvs. (They
>pass.)

Thanks! I thought of writing some, but I didn’t do because I had
mental trouble writing them in a way that works on all mksh targets.
I think I’ll mark your second test as MirBSD-only after moving true
from /usr/bin to /bin where we have it, this way the logic gets full
coverage but we only run the portable test elsewhere.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
[...] if maybe ext3fs wasn't a better pick, or jfs, or maybe reiserfs, oh but
what about xfs, and if only i had waited until reiser4 was ready... in the be-