Martijn Dekker dixit:

>Makes complete sense and I should have figured this out myself. Sorry
>for the noise and thanks for the references.

Oh well, others can still learn from it. (Note that -o for option is
also not POSIX, but POSIX rules still apply, and [[…]] doesn’t have
this problem.)

>I guess this explains why the POSIX spec does not include 'test -o' (or
>'test -a' as a synonym for 'test -e'). Not including them avoids this
>logical but unintuitive behaviour.

That, and it specificially says their spec is unambiguous only
because they require the argument for -t.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Stéphane, I actually don’t block Googlemail, they’re just too utterly
stupid to successfully deliver to me (or anyone else using Greylisting