Dixi quod…

>True, but this is Unix, we give users the rope to hang themselves.
>As long as this is documented… (if it’s not sufficiently documented,
>patches are welcome, but I fear this doesn’t really fit into the
>manpage’s reference format… maybe adding a FAQ section to it which
>would be more tutorial-style (and moving e.g. the Android, OS/2,
>read, pipe, etc. stuff there) would be the right thing?)

I’ve now created such a FAQ and filled it with some content already,
including the latest from the thread about unsetting local variables.

http://www.mirbsd.org/htman/sparc/man1/mksh.htm is the HTML version
of a preview (CVS HEAD as of right now), for comments, patches, etc.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Yes, I hate users and I want them to suffer.
        -- Marco d'Itri on gmane.linux.debian.devel.general