Martijn Dekker dixit:

>LINENO is set to zero during the execution of aliases or commands in
>'eval'. This behaviour is different from that of other shells.

Patches welcome ☺

(What do you *use* LINENO for? I’ve *never* seen it used *at all*.)

>Output on various shells:
>            mksh: 1 2 0 0 0 6
>            lksh: 1 2 0 0 0 6

Don’t forget “lksh -o posix”, which is likely more important
to check than just lksh.

>           pdksh: 1 2 0 0 0 6

Yeah, that’s where this is from.

Note that, with persistent history and multiple shells running
commands in parallel, numbers are “interesting” anyway, but
that only applies to interactive shells in practice.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
Stéphane, I actually don’t block Googlemail, they’re just too utterly
stupid to successfully deliver to me (or anyone else using Greylisting