On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 07:55:19PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> The bugreport is correct, the analysis isn’t.
>
> ① “hash” does NOT find things in the PATH, it manages the list
>   of “tracked aliases”
> ② “whence” finds things in the PATH

in POSIX, so I've been using to use the first to check crucial
utilities some of my scripts are made around are installed before
letting these ones process anything. The fact « hash » will
moreover optimize the further callings is a (tiny) plus. But
well, maybe now my shell scripting tends to be more and more
mkshed, I could change this. :)

> […]
> Thanks for reporting!

Glad to be (sometimes) useful!
I've applied the fix, everything seems to work back. Thanks!

Take care,
Seb.