Op 08-08-17 om 00:49 schreef Thorsten Glaser:
> I completely disagree, especially when combined with other wording.

Well, Geoff Clare did say the existing wording is broken in any case.

If the goal is compatibility with pre-existing practice (in this case,
ksh88) and the majority of other shells which follow it, then the exact
wording is irrelevant anyway.

> But, well, POSIX was never among the more useful standards…

Since you seem to despise it with such a passion, I honestly wonder why
you haven't simply ripped out POSIX compatibility mode a long time ago.
Are there compelling reasons why you have to keep bothering with it?

- M.