You should look into Eurobarometer data, at least the last ten years: http://www.gesis.org/en/services/data/survey-data/eurobarometer-data-service/

For a more long-term look : did you see look into
Brian Mitchell
International Historical Statistics: Europe, 1750-2005
Palgrave Macmillan, December 2007
ISBN: 978-0-230-00514-3, ISBN10: 0-230-00514-4,
6 1/8 x 9 1/4 inches, 1116 pages
?

There is a chapter on transport & communications.

You will find this and other, older volumes and for other continents, in all better university libraries.

However, the spatial and temporal variation of wristwatch adoption - I think this will be more of a challenge.

Good luck,
F. Thomas