-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [liberationtech-jobs] World Bank consulting position on mobile phone project
Date:   Mon, 16 Apr 2012 12:17:02 -0700
From:   Yosem Companys <compa...@stanford.edu>
To:     Liberationtech Jobs <liberationtech-j...@lists.stanford.edu>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Will Durbin* <willdur...@yahoo.com <mailto:willdur...@yahoo.com>>
Date: Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 11:42 AM

My office is recruiting someone to work on an innovative project at the World Bank called ?Listening to LAC?. We would like someone to start in May or June; the position would start as a Short-Term Consultancy but may convert to an Extended Term (1-2 year) Consultancy. *Please apply by April 26*.

The Listening to LAC project involves collecting household data using cellular telephones ? we are testing a number of aspects, such as: ·the reliability of different types of modes of communication (SMS/text versus automatic voice recording versus operator calls) ·the effect of incentives on response rates (i.e., giving people $ to respond) ·the differences between households that participate and those that do not participate in cellphone surveys

We are also developing an open-source software to manage surveys that any organization could use for free in the future. The project has won a bunch of innovation awards, and is pretty high-profile.

I attach a tentative Terms of Reference, which are subject to change. I?ve been working on this project for over 2 years, so I can answer any questions you may have. Please forward at will.

Thanks!
 -Will

Attachment(s) from Will Durbin

1 of 1 File(s)

TOR - draft for new consultant April 2012.docx <http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/10453136/1568352205/name/TOR%20-%20draft%20for%20new%20consultant%20April%202012%2Edocx>

If you would like to receive a daily digest, click "yes" (once you click above)
next to "would you like to receive list mail batched in a daily digest?"

You will need the user name and password you receive from the list moderator in
monthly reminders. You may ask for a reminder here: