Hi,

I have an application running under apache
1.37(win32)/mod_perl1.27_01-dev/perl5.6 build 633

I am trying to move this application to apache
2.0.47(win32)/mod_perl1.99_10-dev/perl 5.8

However I run into a problem with character encoding.
Somewhere in this app I put up a form that contains text.
The encoding of the html page that contains this form is set to 'utf-8' by
the following:
That form displays OK in both mod_perl1.0 and mod_perl2.0

When I read the form back under the apache1, everything is OK.
When I do the same using the apache 2 combination I run into trouble with
the char ref entities entities which are high in the unicode set like:
&#8212; or &#8211;. These characters are returned as unicode characters hex
97 and hex 96.

Other character ref entities like the one for e (e umlaut = &#235;) are
returned correctly.

So I assume that only characters above 07FFF are returned wrong.

Anybody any idea?

Thanks in advance

Bart

PS: some might say that this has nothing to do with mod_perl.
And maybe you are right, but I have no clue which part might be causing
this.
I am fairly sure it is not perl5.8.
Although in order to make the apache2/mod_perl2 combination to work I had to
upgrade the CGI.pm to version 3.0