Thanks that did it.

Great.

It would be nice though if the minimum rev level of the CGI.pm could be
mentioned in the doc.
Or maybe it is there somewhere and I skimmed over it.

It's a a CGI.pm problem, really. We can't go and support all possible modules that may or may not run under mod_perl 2.0. However we do have this section:
http://perl.apache.org/products/apache-modules.html#Porting_CPAN_modules_to_mod_perl_2_0_Status

We probably should specify the version number of each of these modules. Can somebody please lookup those modules and send me a patch with the version number which starts to support mod_perl 2.0?

No need for Apache::Peek, CGI and CGI::Cookie since I know these versions already.

I'm CC'ing Shannon, since he has ported most of the auth modules.

The 'Configuring mod_perl2.0 page for win32' at
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/os/win32/config.html would a nice place to
mention this.

Certainly not there, since it's windows specific and CGI.pm is used on all platforms. However we could link to the URL I have mentioned from other docs. I think porting docs are more relevant, than config.

 > [Fri Sep 05 00:17:12 2003] [error] 1688: ModPerl::Registry: Can't locate
 > object method "request" via package "Apache" at C:/Perl/lib/CGI.pm line
269.

upgrade your CGI.pm to 2.93 or higher.