Hi, just thought I would set the record straight on all this..is he a mod? isnt he a
mod? stuff.
I am 19 years old, born in sussex, near Brighton. My name is Richard morris and I am
the lead singer in a mod band called 'thedays'. yes we are real. However, our rythm
guitarist and our drummer are not really mods..but fit in to the group well and gell
particularly well with the bassist, who is a mod. Ok, it would be nice to have a whole
band of all mods but I think its more important to have a good rythmn section..but
then maybe thats just me.
My favourite bands are secret affair, the jam, the small faces, the spidermen and the
who, while I also love Aretha franklin, geno washington and people like david Bowie
and Bob Dylan. Ok, some of the bands favourite bands etc are not mod...go to our set
list and you will see that most of the songs are mod.
next point..my clothes. I am sitting here typing this in a grey pair of Farah
trousers, union jack lambretta bowling shoes and a fred perry shirt. The pictures on
the website are not that recent and from Rag week at our college..hence the one of me
in that scruffy green jumper. however, I am not one of these people who says you have
to dress like a mod to be one..while I generally do..its up to the individual....if
they dont want to then that dosnt suddenly disqualify them from being a mod..well not
in my book anyway.
As far as I can remember, the couple of people that are criticising me and my friends
have never seen us play...never met us. therefore I find it hard to take that they can
ridicule our music..a music they have never sampled..and at the end of the day music
is as much a part of being a mod as clothes..scooters..etc. You yourself said that
Quadrophenia was an outdated view of mods Mr Surburban Parka Commando, so would you
therefore to argue that its ideas are outdated as well, so is it a way of life
nowadays? For me I would say yes, but for members of my band I would say no, its not,
its just something they do because they enjoy it and can express themselves through
their music. Is there anything inheranyly wrong with that attitude?

Or do you want the mod movement all to yourself?

Thankyou to those on the list that said supportive things.
cheers
Richie Morris

Be whoever you want to be with another.com
Just click here: http://another.com/jump.jsp?destDesc=another.com/login.jsp?sig=390

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.
http://www.topica.com/partner/tag01