Yes, I suppose it is the same problem because the last line runs but the
control never returns to shell.

Have you guys tried stracing the process?

Thanks for your feedback Miguel.

With the danger of sounding too ignorant, how do I do that? what will it tell me at the end? I can probably run a test briefly after I find that out.

With the danger of being more ignorant than you, I suppose Miguel is talking about http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/strace/.

BTW, Carlos, in which distro can you reproduce this problem? I ask you this because, before trying to strace the process, I will clean all other possible causes. The first: I am running MandrivaLE2005 with a Mono package from Mandriva2006, which is a situation that I think is not supported but under some circumstances it can work. I will upgrade completely to Mandriva2006 and then I will try again...

Regards,

        Andrew  [ knocte ]