David Pfeffer wrote:

However, if we look at C++, classes have functions as well as member variables (fields). Why shouldn't C& do the same?

And they are in a unified namespace for the same reason. The member functions are usually handled via something called the vtbl (vee-table) to save storage, but it's not fundamentally different from what I proposed for a language which is statically compiled.

The whole point is that this is a dynamic language, and should be, and that the structure of MOO is in the way of that.

Also, can we pick either MOO-Cows and Lambdamoo-server and stick with it? It
seems apparent that everyone participating is on both lists.

-hpa

############################################################# This message is sent to you because you are subscribed to the mailing list <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. To unsubscribe, E-mail to: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To switch to the DIGEST mode, E-mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To switch to the INDEX mode, E-mail to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Send administrative queries to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>