Daniel Jung wrote:

We are about to release a new enCore version soon. It will be unicode, so we converted the database/server to unicode as well. We wonder if we should bundle the thing with the new enCore release, well aware of the drawbacks of such a forking; so we still _wonder_.

There are still another few things I could wish we could incorporate into a possible new lamdaMOO release. I wonder if we could compute a list of changes that have been done in the various versions, and then possibly merge them into one?

A 2.0 release goal would be mega cool. Please keep this list updated.

How about this for a strawman: would anyone on this list object to calling LukeJr's GammaMOO "LambdaMOO 2.0", assuming a) LukeJr was willing to do that, b) LukeJr was willing to put it into the public CVS tree on SourceForge (or elsewhere). Other people who can be deemed trustworthy can be given checkin privs.

        -hpa