I found some Red Crossbills in a new location in Traverse County today.
They were at the St Anthony's cemetery just NE of Browns Valley.  Take CR2
north at the eastern end of Browns Valley and go up to the top of the hill
and turn right before the grain bin complex.  The cemetery is a short
distance from the road and overlooks the valley.  There were 2 males, 2
females and at least 4 immature birds in one of the spruce trees that was
about half way from where the cemetery starts to the first gate.  They were
silent the whole 30 minutes I watched them working on the cones about a
third of the way down from the top of the tree.

Bob Ekblad

Olmsted County in SE Minnesota

http://www.Birding-Minnesota.com