Zeke,

Zeke wrote:

> Hi.
> I have a one simple (?) problem. ;)
> When I try to export certificate to my smart card, like: pk12util.exe -d
> .\ -i good.p12 -h "GemSAFE Smart Card"
> I see error message:

How many certificates and keys does your P12 file contain ? And of what
type (signing, encrypting, etc). How did you generate that P12 file ?

> pk12util: no nickname for cert...not handled
> pk12util.exe: PKCS12 decode validate bags failed: The user pressed cancel.
>
> What's wrong ?

Most likely :
- your p12 does not have a nickname for the certificate
- your certificate does not have a DN
NSS needs a nickname to import the certificate, and it doesn't have one.
pk12util currently does not have a way to prompt the user for a nickname
during the import phase, only for the export phase. You should open an
RFE for this in bugzilla, component NSS / tools.

In the short term, you should try to regenerate your p12 file so that it
has a nickname, or add a DN to your certificate.

--
"Except for the lack of debugging and the ps thing, [Linux] kernel
threads are generally fine right now. And if you're not too fussed

  Linux-Kernel archive