Hallo,
I'm new to the list, and think bug reports are best posted here.
I just downloaded version 3.87 beta, and tried the vbr.
But it seems to have problems when writing ID3v2-Tag and the
Xing VBR header together. Then the Xing-header is corrupt,
or not found (The first frame doesn't contain the String "Xing").
If you don't write the id3v2-tag, the xing-header is OK.

I took a look at the sources, but I cannot find the bug.

I have problems with my tools displaying the correct info
about the vbr-files, although I implemented the Xing-header
recognition.

(My program is MP3-Info Extension (for Windows explorer), and
can be found on http://www.mutschler.de/mp3ext, with sources)

--
Best regards,
 Michael Mutschler                    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]