Hello Naoki,

Sunday, October 08, 2000, 4:24:19 AM, you wrote:

Roel>> I just tried on the version without extensions.  I don't understand
Roel>> the extra benefit of the nspsytune.  Please explain to me what flaw needed
Roel>> fixing in the older lame's and how you did it?  I still find the sound
Roel>> not good, and the file only gets needlessly bigger.

NS>   Perhaps you are hoping joint stereo to be improved, but --nspsytune
NS> doesn't improve anything with joint stereo.
NS>   --nspsytune is intended to improve result of vbrtest.wav and square
NS> wave with VBR. You can obtain vbrtest.wav from website of lame. And,
NS> --nspsytune improves CBR quality at bitrate like 128kbps. Perhaps you
NS> can easily notice difference with result of appluad.wav.

thanks for the clarification.  now I understand what nspsytune tries
to achieve.

I just asumed that it had something to do with JS because you told
that it wouldn't work with the RH extensions.

I guess the JS problem will be tackled at another time :)

--
Best regards,
 Roel                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]