Roel> addendum: nonetheless JS influence or not, "--nspsytune" only has
Roel> negative implications on the -V1 (-q1) I use.  Perfectly possible 128k
Roel> sounds better, just wanted to express that imo -V1 does not.
Roel>
Roel> I don't know what the cause is, but the improvements on lower bitrates
Roel> are at cost of sound quality degradation on higher ones.

I can't hear the joint stereo noise you mentioned. Maybe this is because
there is differences among individuals on perception of sound. So, I
can't fix it directly.

Since there is no problem currently in regular stereo mode, I believe the
problem is caused by (default) psymodel of joint stereo.

BTW, why do you stick to joint stereo? I think people who pays serious
attention to sound quality should not use joint stereo at high bitrate,
at least with current version of lame. Even FhG doesn't use joint stereo
at high bitrate.

--
Naoki Shibata   e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]