Dear Sir
         I am Naresh from NIT hamirpur. I have a problem i.e I want to
calculate the photonic band structures having fcc structures of silica
microspheres using MPB MIT     photonic.
         So in the examples there is diamond ctl file which gives us the
output. so what changes have been required in diamond ctl to convert it fcc
photonic structures.
         I think symmetry point are same but to define the geometry lattice
i.e to make the lattice which parameters habe benn changed. so kindly solve
my problem as soon
         as possible. In our case dielectric constant is 3.9 and radius
radius is 0.075 micro meter.

the diamond.ctl file is given below

          (set! geometry-lattice (make lattice
(basis-size (sqrt 0.5) (sqrt 0.5) (sqrt 0.5))
(basis1 0 1 1)
(basis2 1 0 1)
(basis3 1 1 0)))
; Corners of the irreducible Brillouin zone for the fcc lattice,
; in a canonical order:
(set! k-points (interpolate 4 (list
(vector3 0 0.5 0.5) ; X
(vector3 0 0.625 0.375) ; U
(vector3 0 0.5 0) ; L
(vector3 0 0 0) ; Gamma
(vector3 0 0.5 0.5) ; X
(vector3 0.25 0.75 0.5) ; W
(vector3 0.375 0.75 0.375)))) ; K
; define a couple of parameters (which we can set from the command-line)
(define-param eps 11.56) ; the dielectric constant of the spheres
(define-param r 0.25) ; the radius of the spheres
(define diel (make dielectric (epsilon eps)))
; A diamond lattice has two "atoms" per unit cell:
(set! geometry (list (make sphere (center 0.125 0.125 0.125) (radius r)
(material diel))
(make sphere (center -0.125 -0.125 -0.125) (radius r)
(material diel))))
; (A simple fcc lattice would have only one sphere/object at the origin.)
(set-param! resolution 16) ; use a 16x16x16 grid
(set-param! mesh-size 5)
(set-param! num-bands 5)
; run calculation, outputting electric-field energy density at the U point:
(run (output-at-kpoint (vector3 0 0.625 0.375) output-dpwr))

--
With Regards :
Naresh Dhiman