Hi,

As far as I know MPB will solve the dispersion curves and the group
velocities when given a propagation direction (k-point) and a structure,
assuming the latter is periodical. So, you'll may end up simulating a
lattice of several segmented waveguides but if they are separated enough
there shouldn't be any problem.

Also the units don't matter that much since you'll have to specify only the
segmentation related to the length of the unit cell (the duty cycle) since
the program uses a normalized unit system. Maybe if you specify more about
what you are trying to simulate I could help more.

Best regards

> hello all
>
> i would like to simulate a 3d  SWG segmented waveguide, with a period of
> 300nm and dutycycle of 50%. How can i (and... is it possible to) obtain the
> effective index, the group effective index and dispersion curves?
>
> thanks

Rafael