The issue of online meeting notices has come in the E-Democracy Legislative Study Group in past years. Lately in some of my speeches on e-democracy I've been talking about the "rule of law" and how what is desirable with the net and democracy/government may need to beocme the law.

So, who would like to help me draft up a bill that amends Minnesota public meeting laws to require that all public meetings must also be posted online (in addition to a bulletin board in the government office or newspaper (sometimes))? Minneapolis could take the lead now by creating a uniform website with personalized meeting tracking and document access for all public meetings organized by all public entities in the city.

Steven Clift
Carag Resident

P.s. The study group: http://www.e-democracy.org/study
Preview of my soon to be released speech online: http://www.publicus.net/articles/democraticevolution.html