[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

So here is another one of my wild accusations. The next 18 positions below superintendent are appointed by the superintendent, all the assistant superintendents, the directors of depts., managers, engineers, landscape architects, planners, personnel services representative, Park police chief, finance manager, coordinator of environmental education, ect.
And they all serve "at the pleasure of the Superintendent."
Probably a million to a million and a half dollars worth of the best jobs in the country.

When you pick a Superintendent without an interview process, based on political and social and business connections- i.e., a good old boy network-is this good old boy network the selection process for the next 18 employees in the org. chart?
Thanks,
Scott Vreeland Seward

Will the good old boy network appoint these 18 positions in this case? Of course it will.

But it's completely inane and ethically an "attractive nuisance" to have 18 positions in an organization the size of the MPRB appointed by a board-hired chief executive. The top managers of each of the 5 or 6* departments -- the direct reports -- should be the only positions appointed by the superintendent.

Bah humbug.

Chris Johnson
Fulton

*I have the org chart for the MPRB someplace here in my office, but the exact number of departments is not relevant. 5 or 6 seems to be the number that sticks in my memory. Whatever it is, it's far less than 18.

REMINDERS:
1. Think a member has violated the rules? Email the list manager at [EMAIL PROTECTED] before continuing it on the list. 2. Don't feed the troll! Ignore obvious flame-bait.