I attended the Park Board Meeting. I was given a moment to speak; and
expressed my disappointment with the "back room deal" for selection of Park Board
Superintendent. I watched the Machine do what a machine does; coldly pass out
favors to favored insiders. I heard Walt D. somehow swear, to the crowd there,
that, 'I am not a crook' and never had a sneaky/peaky meeting with other Board
Members to bypass the system. The room lit up with chortle and guffaw when he
hit that note.

The Counsel for the Board; Brian Rice's contract, was re-upped. He, a man who
offers SUBSTANTIAL partisan assistance to incumbent Board Members reelection
efforts. To me he is just another mechanic; keeping the Machine well oiled and
running nice, and smooth. I note, he was supported by a near majority of the
Board.

I was ready for the maneuvers of a machine, which I witnessed. What I was not
prepared for was the LOOOONG Green Party Political Indoctrination Speech
proffered to the captive audience of Board Members and citizens, alike, by Annie
Young. No wonder some folks think she is in over her head as a Board Member.
Why did she think it appropriate to teach us the four pillars of the Green
Party, etc., at a Park Board Meeting? All I could think was "WELLSTONE, WELLSTONE,
WELLSTONE!" For a moment I almost felt sorry for the Gang of Five, and almost
understood why they had their meetings elsewhere, perhaps in a smoky back
room. Next time Anniey, give me a heads up before you launch that scat, so I can
take an acid blocker, and a Dramamine.

The Fab Four have to fight a Machine; offering Green Party speeches is not
going to move nothin'. I now know why I do not like Anniey's Salutation "Stand
up-Keep fighting". The political arena is more complicated and subtle. As I
have said before "Hand in the air, ain't enough nowadays." This outcome is proof,
again.

Keith Reitman  NearNorth

PS- Truth, my spellchecker offered "annoy" for Anniey, and I almost took it.