What about some sort of instant runoff election so that those of us not in NE could
have an effect on unseating Walt D?  When I lived in NE I voted against him as council
member and then park board.  I knew I was bucking the trend to keep the "old boy" in
office, but one never knows when the "old boy" will get the boot by enough
disenfranchised/unhappy voters.
Maybe another option would be the ever popular idea of term limits.  It works for the
presidency, so why not most other things as well.  I think most of our elected
officials should get a real job like most of us every once in a while so they get a
taste of what they have done.  But then again most become of them go off to become
lobbyists anyhow.

Call me the pessimist in our elected officials.
Ron Leurquin
Nokomis East

-