After using up my two posts yesterday while demonstrating my
technological incompetence I just wanted to add a bit to Eva's post about
the MPRB and their impending deal with SkipperLiner.  The figures that
Ass't Superintendent Siggelkow used when ASSUMING they will make approx.
$1 million over the next 10 years was based on the highest amount ever
received during a single year with Padelford ($36,278).  The average of
the five years they were on Boom Island was $6,000 less and the lowest
year was $11,000 dollars less.  I also noticed he didn't mention the
gangway at Bohemien Flats which will run the MPRB $50,000 and that much
again if they open a landing at the Mill Ruins Site.  I guess he uses the
same math they do in the White House (yes, I know it's not in
Minneapolis).

  Eva also mentioned the "Wirth While Weekend" being sponsored by the
Minneapolis Parks Legacy Society on June 18th, 19th and 20th.   I hope
that the MPRB and the MRPA will be as cooperative as they can in helping
make it an event that honors the man who made the Minneapolis Parks the
standard to meet.  It was an honor for me to meet Ted Wirth the grandson
of Theodore Wirth at the Board meeting and I hope to meet more of the
Wirth decendants when the are here from around the world in June.

Liz Wielinski
Columbia Park