I can't believe the statement I just read  from Michelle Hill,
 IE,
"I also question why he has to be compared to Marion Berry. Why not
elect him
to office, we elected Keith Ellison and he hasn't done anything for us
either.
What is the difference?"

The  difference is that Keith has been incredibly effective  both in
the community and in the Legislature. He almost singlehandedly started
EJAM (Environmental Justice Association of MN),bringing together the
most incredible collection of diverse activists. He has worked on (and
passed through committee) the important issue of getting the right to
vote back for felons as soon as they are out of jail and has been a
consistently good vote on just about every liberal issue before the
House. He is highly respected by his colleagues on both sides of the
aisle.

Phyllis Kahn State Rep 59B