On 2016-11-02 16:24, Fred van Stappen wrote:
> What I see is, when the program runs, a window that shows live the
> memory used by the application-process.

Under Unix/Linux environments you can use 'htop', 'top', Gnome/Mate
System Monitor. For Windows you can use the Task Manager.

None of these give much detail, but they do some the memory usage and
cached memory.

In the past I've also used a bash script under Linux with the 'ps'
command to monitor a specific process including its threads.

> Yes, I know this but I would prefer something simpler that does not need
> to change code.

As Martin mentioned, it doesn't require any code changes. Simply change
the compiler setting and recompile your project.

In fact, I highly recommend you always develop software with the -ghl
compiler settings defined, and only at building a release do you not
specify that. Why do I say that? It is much easier to fix a memory leak
the minute you caused it, than trying to find possibly 100's of them
months down the line.

Regards,
  Graeme

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/