On 12/01/2016 01:44 PM, Fred van Stappen wrote:
>> The advantage would be that the users can use the screenreader they are used
>> to.
>

> Yes, maybe it is a advantage.
>
>> But maybe - as you write - it is not possible to achieve good results if the
>> application is not a 100% default Windows application.
>
> Huh, that first and if you want that your program does something not
> "standard" from the screen-reader, good luck to make it work.
> And what about compatibility with Windows versions (XP and Win10 does not use
> same screen-reader) ?
>
> PS: By the way, of course if you want to make MSEgui assistive interface
> compatible also with build-in Windows screen-reader, do it and I will support
> you work. (and after this I will adapt SAK to be better ;-) )

I am not sure if I wrote clearly enough what I mean. I mean there should
be an additional module which connects to the MSEgui widgets by
"iassistiveserver" and "iassistiveclient", which probably booth need to
be extended for the task. The module then reacts on 'traffic' on the
"iassistiveserver" interface and requests from standard screen reader,
complements the information and hands it over to the screen reader by
its interface.
Currently I have no time to make it myself and I don't know blind
programmers whose help is indispensable in order to design a usable
system IMO.
In case of a development IDE I think that a IDE for visually impaired
people must be designed from scratch for the task, only to speak the
texts of an IDE designed by and for not visually impaired people can not
lead to an optimal result IMHO.