I think iassistiveclient.getassistiveflags() should provide more
information by extending assistiveflagsty (asf_textedit,
asf_graphicedit, asf_textdisp, asf_graphicdisp, asf_hasvalue,
asf_window, asf_container, asf_message, asf_errror, asf_warning,
asf_hint...).
Also useful could be "iassistiveclient.getassistivevalue(): variant" or
also "setassistivevalue(avalue: variant)" for speech recognition software.
Using "variant" type implies to link in the relatively big variants unit.

Do you have recommendations?

_____________________________

Hello Martin.
I have to say that nearly all mse widgetset are assisted perfectly.

Only message from raised exception are not assisted.
By the way, something very annoying: message from raised exception are not
totally modal and not totally to front.
So sometimes it is hidden by other forms and you do not understand what append.

Also one widget resist to be assisted: Ttabwidget.
Difficult to assist when a tab has be selected.

I have some result with dofocuschanged(const oldwidget: iassistiveclient; const
newwidget: iassistiveclient)
and  Ttabwidget.

But dofocuschanged() has problem. You must use:

if (assigned(oldwidget)) and  if (assigned(newwidget))   then

otherwise => sometime (even many time) crash.

When it works, I use:
thename := 'tabwidget, ' + Ttabwidget(Sender).Name + ' , active index, ' +
   inttostr(Ttabwidget(Sender).activepageindex)

(Huh, how to get the name of the tab of the activepageindex ?)

It is all my remarks for now, otherwise, mse assisted is wow.

And for you new proposition, ok, it seems a very good idea.

Fre;D