On Saturday 22 April 2017 11:37:36 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2017-04-22 08:26, Martin Schreiber wrote:
> > Again, that changes have nothing to do with LLVM
>
> Well all the Delphi compilers that use LLVM apparently have different
> data type size too for 2-3 data types. LongWord, LongInt I think.
> Coincidence with LLVM vs native compiler? Maybe not.

The ordinal types of LLVM are i1..i8388607 where the number is the bitsize.
http://llvm.org/docs/LangRef.html#single-value-types
So it completely belongs to the language frontend which sizes it maps to the
type names.

> I was pretty sure I read this information in the Delphi group on
> Google+, but searching is so sh*t on Google+, for the life of me I can't
> find that post. Sorry.

I tried to find information at Embarcadero about the differences of NEXTGEN -
without success too. ;-)