Hello Martin

>> It is sad that still a fpc library with same code is 5 times bigger than a
>> fpc executable ( and montain times bigger than same C code compiled with
>> gcc or clang).

> Do you know why?

Huh, the answers in fpc forum are nebulous:

- One said it is because  parameter -fPIC is added automatic even when not
entered by code.
  It seems that fpc has problems if -fPIC is not used.

- Other said it is because dynamic runtime packages are not supported yet:

http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/Size-of-program-vs-library-td5718200.html

- There was other answers too but I do not find it back.

Fre:D