Check your log settings in the registry too, maybe you have debug turned on.

Daniel Ratliff

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Jason Sandys
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2017 6:39 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: Re: [mssms] DP log issue

Why not increase the log file size? 2MB is quite small to begin with.

From: <listsad...@lists.myitforum.com<mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com>>
on behalf of "Thelen, Chris"
<chris.the...@dawnfoods.com<mailto:chris.the...@dawnfoods.com>>
Date: Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 12:33 PM
To: "mssms@lists.myitforum.com<mailto:mssms@lists.myitforum.com>"
<mssms@lists.myitforum.com<mailto:mssms@lists.myitforum.com>>
Subject: [mssms] DP log issue

Hi Everyone,

We’re running SCCM 1610 since December.  I’ve had a few DP’s get content
validation errors on them and when I check the smsdpmon.log file, it has been
spammed with “Ignoring drive C:\. File C:\NO_SMS_ON_DRIVE.SMS exists.” Lines,
about 40 of them every couple of seconds during content validation.  This is
causing the files to rollover too quickly and I can no longer look at the logs
to the beginning of the content eval.  Judging by the time stamps, I can only
see the last 25% of what happened during the content eval.  This is happening
on all of our DP’s.  We have the no_sms_on_drive.sms file on all C drives for
DP’s.

Prior to the upgrade to 1610, we were running 1602 and never had this issue
with the log files being spammed with “Ignoring drive C:\. File
C:\NO_SMS_ON_DRIVE.SMS exists.” And I was always able to see the logs entries
for the entire content eval.

Has anyone else ran into the same issue or know of a solution?  This is making
the log files useless for any content issues that come up.

Thanks,

CHRIS THELEN
Server Engineer
www.dawnfoods.com<http://www.dawnfoods.com/> |
chris.the...@dawnfoods.com<mailto:chris.the...@dawnfoods.com>

it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this
material/information in error,