Yes the drive is using bitlocker.

Kevin

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Marable, Mike
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 7:14 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [BULK] [mssms] RE: Reimaging a Dell that has UEFI enabled - fails

Are you encrypting the drive at all?

Mike

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Kevin Johnston
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 6:46 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Reimaging a Dell that has UEFI enabled - fails

We have a brand new out of the box Dell E7270 Latitude. The machine comes with
UEFI already configured and we are imaging it with Windows 10.

We PXE boot the machine, go through our SCCM task sequences to image the
machine and everything appears to be great.

We take this same machine we just imaged, remove it from SCCM and go to reimage
this machine and right after we choose our Win10 Task Sequence we get the
following message every time:

"The task sequence was unable to locate a logical drive. The hard disk will
need to be partitioned and formatted. Click OK to continue or Cancel to exit
the task sequence"

We have a bunch of older machines, that we do a BIOS to UEFI (which works fine)
TS then image the machine same as above but again, when we want to reimage the
same machine we get that same error each time.

What we have done in the past is before we have to put in our SCCM TS password,
we hit F8 and do a diskpart manually to wipe the disk, but this seems counter
intuitive as the task sequence should be able to wipe the drive anyways as part
of the task sequence.
Plus when we do this, it does not seem to image properly after words meaning it
fails each time.

Has anyone seen this issue before? Is there something different we need to add
to our TS in order for this to work?

Thanks,

KEVIN JOHNSTON

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be
used for urgent or sensitive issues