From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Miller, Todd
Sent: Wednesday, April 19, 2017 10:54 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: RE: [External] [mssms] RE: Driver management - opinions?

Is it unclear to me what you do about non-conforming computer models in this
method.  With no drivers loaded into Configmgr directly, there is no "chaos
theory" for unsupported models to fall back to.
This seems like it would work perfectly for a perfectly managed organization,
but my reality is a bit more dystopian.  We have 20,000 computers and 90% of
them fall into less than 20 models but the remaining 2000 computers cover over
200 more models.  And that is after trying very hard  and being very resistant
to folks purchasing non-conforming models.  I see you are also at an EDU - so I
imagine your make/model list has similarly long tail.

How could this method be enhanced to support the unsupported?

BIOS updating is mentioned in the comments of that blog post and that seems
pretty intriguing.