Hi,

We upgraded from 1606 to 1610 to 1702 and trying to get a handle on the
boundary changes.
I’ve been told by our network folks that the clients are all going up to our
primary MP UNLESS we add the proxy management point – secondary site – within
the boundary group.

We wanted to have systems in an area use DP’s in their local area first, and
fall back to secondary site server DP for software AND go the secondary site
server MP for policy vs going all the way to primary server.  That doesn’t seem
to be happening though.  In order for us to have clients get policy and

We currently have an Assignment Boundary group for our Secondary site that has
all the boundaries within it but NO site System count on it.  That has no
relationships.

We have the secondary site boundary group  that has no subnets or boundaries
assigned, and no relationships.  Our MP has the DP role too.

Then we have our regional local DPs  with boundaries assigned and the local dps
plus relationships to the above secondary site boundary group.

I was hoping this setup would allow all our clients in those local boundary
group to use the local DP for all the software and go to the secondary site
server MP for policy and only use the DP on that MP for fallback.

I figured maybe if we enabled preferrned management points but then we can’t
specify oNLY use it for MP and not DP? DO we need to uninstall the DP role from
our MP (not even sure you can do that)?