From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Murray, Mike
Sent: Thursday, May 11, 2017 8:53 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Standalone media reboots to USB media instead of HDD

Occasionally we use standalone media to image a machine. Recently when we do
this the machine applies the OS, and instead of rebooting into the remainder of
the TS, it reboots to the beginning on the USB drive. If we go into the BIOS at
this point and move the HD to the top of the order, it will resume the TS. Is
there some way in the sequence to tell the hard drive to move to the top of the
boot order? The USB key seem to want priority.

Best Regards,

Mike Murray
Desktop Engineer/IT Consultant - IT Support Services
California State University, Chico
530.898.4357
mmur...@csuchico.edu<mailto:mmur...@csuchico.edu>

Remember, Chico State will NEVER ask you for your password via email!
For more information about recognizing phishing scam emails go to:
http://www.csuchico.edu/isec/basics/spam-and-phishing.shtml