Yep, seems to be an acknowledged issue. Seems the range requests are not quite
right in some way which is resulting in slow downloads..
Couple of similar stories on Technet forums too so you are not alone 😊

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Enley, Carl
Sent: 16 May 2017 15:11
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] 1702 Express Install Files

Is anyone using this feature in SCCM 1702? I was really looking forward to
getting this up and running after the 1702 upgrade but I am a little
disappointed with the results I am seeing.

I understand the initial download is larger and I am okay with that, my patch
package jumped from 13.1GB to nearly 44GB so the 2-3X size increase was pretty
accurate. My issue is the time that it is taking to install the cumulative
update, it is taking almost 3+ hours on my test machines. The machines are all
W10 1607 with the latest April update applied, everything in the log files
(deltadownload.log) indicates all is well and they are using the express files
to install. It just takes forever to apply the update.

Is anyone else experiencing very long install times using the express install
files? I am going to test a 1703 machine today to see if it makes any
difference.

Thanks
Carl