Yep, that's what I figured out, as well.  I changed my setting to 4 months.
The March updates are back in, after a sync, and I'm starting to get some stats
on it.

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Thelen, Chris
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 7:43 AM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] RE: Expired updates being removed from SCCM

In Administration > Sites > Click on your site then go to Configure Site
Components.  Click the Superscedence Rules tab.

Our settings are the same as yours, I can't run reporting for the March update
as SCCM has expired the update.  In the Superscedence Rules tab, mine is set to
wait 1 month before a superseded update is expired and the box to run the WSUS
cleanup wizard is checked.  When the cleanup wizard is ran, it will decline
expired updates.

Set the months to wait to a higher number to give you reporting history farther
in the past, but it will also be more updates showing up in the console.