If you can't / don't want to create a self-signing cert, if you have an
internal Certificate Authority, and you can get a 'code-signing'
certificate from THAT; which will then already be trusted by all your
clients (because of already-deployed certificate authorities); you might
want to pursue that with your internal Cert team.  Once you have the
code-signing certificate from your internal team, you can import that into
the SCUP console for signing.  It *might* save you a step.  You *might* not
have to explicitly tell your clients to trust that certificate; like you
usually do when using a self-signed cert.

--
Thank you,

Sherry Kissinger

My Parameters:  Standardize. Simplify. Automate
Blogs: http://www.mofmaster.com, http://mnscug.org/blogs/sherry-kissinger,
http://www.smguru.org