The switch you want is /norestart, not /noreboot. That should do it.

Daniel Ratliff

From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Beardsley, James
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2017 5:46 PM
To: mssms@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [mssms] Handling Unexpected Reboots in Task Sequences

I'm working on a task sequence to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 and prior to
the upgrade, because it was causing issues, we need to remove the DisplayLink
Driver and Core Software. So I have a script that removes those and that
Uninstall DisplayLink step is calling it (from package source). I've added the
/noreboot and REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS parameters to the msiexec within the script
but the uninstall always forces a reboot with no heads up and I can't seem to
suppress it. I tried putting a step afterwards that runs "shutdown -a" in to
see if it would catch it before it restarted but no luck. So the question is,
what would be the best way to uninstall DisplayLink and be able to handle the
unexpected reboots in the middle of the task sequence so that when the machine
comes back up, it would continue with the OS upgrade?

I'm in the process of testing using an application to uninstall DisplayLink and
then checking the box under Options within the TS to retry on unexpected
restart so that's why you see two Uninstall DisplayLinks below. But figured I'd
reach out to everyone here as well in case that doesn't work.

[cid:image001.png@01D2D531.9FB9E680]
________________________________

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is intended only for the addressee named
above. It contains information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise
protected from use and disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, or dissemination of
this transmission, or taking of any action in reliance on its contents, or
other use is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in
error, please reply to the sender listed above immediately and permanently

it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this
material/information in error,